Regulations and terms of reservation
General Terms and Conditions for Providing Accommodation Services
Tourist agency AMFORA serves as an agent between the customer and the service provider (on behalf of the owner and to his benefit) and therefore provides accommodation services for the customer in accordance with the information available on the web-site http://www.murter-amfora.com for the period of the confirmed reservation. Tourist agency ARTA is not liable for force majeure *.
* Force majeure is a circumstance which cannot be affected or foreseen and therefore cannot be prevented (earthquake, flood, fire, strike, terrorist attack, war, death of the service provider or their immediate family).
2. Booking and payment
Inquiries and booking of accommodation can be done electronically (by email or forms on the web-site), by fax or in person at the AMFORA office. In order to confirm the booking, the customer is required to pay an advance within 24 hours from accepting the conditions, in the amount of 30% of the total price of the accommodation and fax a payment receipt. The rest of the total amount as well as the sojourn tax the customer is required to pay at the reception desk of the agency upon arrival.
3. Sojourn tax
According to the Croatian Law on the Sojourn Tax, customers are required to pay the Sojourn Tax when paying for their accommodation, at the reception desk of the agency. In the Republic of Croatia it varies from 4,50 to 7,00 KN per person per day for adults. Customers from the age of 12 to 18 have a 50% discount, while children under the age of 12 are exempt from paying.
4. Price of accommodation
Prices are given for each accommodation unit in EUR. The prices are valid for four nights or more. In case the customer uses the accommodation up to four nights, the price is 30% higher.
The price includes: tenancy, a weekly change of bedding, clean towels, electricity and water, cooking utensils and tableware (in the apartments), cleaning utensils, final cleaning.
Special services are not included in the price (breakfast, boat rental) and need to be paid separately.
The agency reserves the right to make changes to the stated prices. In case the prices change after the booking and prior to the payment of the advance, the agency guarantees to inform the customer about the price change and to send them a new calculation. For customers who have paid an advance for their reservation, the agency guarantees the price of accommodation stated in the first calculation, according to which the advance was paid.
5. Categorization and service description
Accommodation units offered by the agency are described in accordance with the official categorization of the authorized institution, and each owner of an accommodation unit is required to make the category of the accommodation unit visible.
Standards for accommodation, food, services, etc. differ from place to place, country to country, and cannot be compared. Information obtained at the accommodation unit does not oblige the agency in any way more than any information available on this web site.
6. Agency's right to changes and cancellation
The agency reserves the right to change a reservation in case of emergency or force majeure. Booked accommodation can be substituted only by an accommodation unit of the same or higher category and at the price confirmed during booking, provided that the customer is notified ahead of time. Should the substitute accommodation be available only in an accommodation unit of higher category and should the price of the substitute accommodation be higher by 15% or more than the initially booked accommodation, the agency reserves the right to charge the price difference upon consulting the customer. In cases where substitute accommodation for paid accommodation is not available, the agency reserves the right to cancel the reservation upon prior customer notification (before their arrival) and guarantees the refund of the complete paid amount.
7. Customer's right to changes and cancellation
Should the customer wish to change or cancel a reservation, this must be done in written form (email, mail or fax).
- in case of cancellation the agency will retain the full amount of the advance and no refunds can be claimed.
- should the customer not arrive on time or cancel the accommodation during their stay in the accommodation unit, the whole amount of the booked accommodation will be charged.
8. Agency's and owner's obligations
The agency is required to:
- take care of provided services as well as the choice of service providers
- take care of customer's interests and rights according to accepted customs and practices in tourism
The owner of the accommodation is required to:
- provide the customer with all the services they paid for
* The agency and the owner are not liable for any changes or the cancellation of services in circumstances caused by force majeure.
9. Customer's obligations
The customer is required:
- to have valid travel documents and a visa in case they need one for entering the Republic of Croatia,
- to obey customs regulations and currency exchange regulations of the Republic of Croatia
- to obey house rules in accommodation units and to have good relations with the host,
- to cover all expenses for any caused damage in the accommodation unit on the spot
- to produce the confirmation of payment (Voucher received by mail or email) upon arrival, containing the number of persons and type of services that need to be provided
- should the customer not follow the above listed obligations, the customer is liable for caused damage and must cover the expenses
- the customer can arrive at the accommodation unit after 2 p.m., and need to check out on the departure date before 10 a.m. The keys will be given to the customer at the accommodation unit by the owner and a representative of the agency
The agency is not responsible for damaged, destroyed or lost luggage, as well as for the theft of luggage or valuables in the accommodation unit. Lost luggage or stolen goods should be reported to the host and the local police department.
Should the services provided not be satisfactory, the customer is entitled to seek reasonable compensation by filing a written complaint. Every customer is entitled to file a complaint if the paid service is not provided.
- The customer is required to complain to the service provider about the inadequate service immediately on the arrival day and to notify the agency. Furthermore, the customer is required to cooperate with agency representatives and the service provider in good faith in order to rectify the problem. If the complaint is valid, and the services provided are not satisfactory, the agency will do everything in its power to provide an acceptable solution for the customer, in accordance with the services paid for. Both the agency and the service provider are not allowed to offer substitute accommodation of lower category to the customer
- If the customer decides to leave the accommodation unit of their own initiative, finds new accommodation and therefore refuses to accept the solution that is in accordance with services paid for, they are no longer have a right to be refunded or take the matter to court.
- If the customer does not make a complaint on the spot, they do not have a right to be refunded.
12. Court jurisdiction
Should the customer not be satisfied with the solution to the complaint, the matter can be taken to court (Šibenik Court jurisdiction).
Upon payment of the advance, the customer accepts the General Terms and Conditions in their entirety.